Friday, May 3, 2013

Von Milller--Sack Master, Chicken Farmer

There are some combos that work--offensive lineman and competitive eater; wide receiver and hair care products; New York Jets and circus. But did you ever expect to see sack master and chicken farmer mentioned in the same sentence?

Well, be ready--cause that is exactly Denver Broncos defensive stud Von Miller is.


Miller has founded Miller Farms, a chicken company located on a plot of land he owns back in Dallas.
“Got my first chickens—38 chickens," Miller said. "I’m pretty excited about it. You’ve got to start somewhere..."
Before you start thinking WTF a move like this for Miller makes complete sense if you remember where he came from. He did play at Texas A&M and the 'A' does stand for 'agricultural.' While he was there he majored in poultry science so you could say he has the perfect background for someone looking to get into the poultry game.
"...I’m pretty excited about it. I’m looking forward to seeing what it turns out. Miller Farms is where I’m starting out, but it’s all raw right now. Who knows? I’m only in my third year in the league. This is just a small investment where I can see where I go from here. Hopefully it will snowball into something bigger."
Hey--as a side business he could always invite young 'Rocky' wannabees in to train like Stallone did in the iconic movie.Maybe that could be used to train kids for lateral quickness when it comes to chasing down elusive quarterbacks too...



If it can work for the Rock...

No comments:

Post a Comment