Friday, February 22, 2013

Comedy at/on the NFL Combine



The NFL Combine/Underwear Olympics has begun in Indianapolis! For the next few days some of the best athletes in the world will converge upon the Circle City to be poked and prodded by a lot of really out of shape people.


Oh--and when they are not being poked or prodded or jumping threw hoops they will be subject to interviews, and as someone proves every year some very dumb and insulting questions. Who will be the winner this year? Someone interviewing Manti Te'o perhaps?

I get the appeal of the Combine. As a former college player that had a few pro tryouts myself I dig seeing guys go through the 40, lifting 225 for reps, the cone drill, and all that stuff. It's what football guys do so until next season starts this is our competition.

That being said, I would think that guys would be willing to do whatever they can to show that they deserve to be in the NFL if they had the chance. For guys that were expected to be studs but ended up being anything but I would really think they would want to do everything they can.

Matt Barkley doesn't seem to think so.



I wouldn't think anything of this, but I read not too long ago that he was going to throw at the Combine. For a guy that had so much promise going into last season he looked pretty pedestrian. To claim that you are first  round material and a franchise player, but not put in the work like everyone else--well that just bugs me; kind of makes me laugh too.

Yeah, I know he is going to do everything at his Pro Day, but if that's the case why bother going to the Combine?



Visit the FansEdge FanStore

No comments:

Post a Comment