Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chris Johnson's 40-Yard Dash Record Torched at Minnesota Pro Day

Funny thing is that it wasn't torched by a Minnesota player. Northern Iowa was not having a pro day so wide receiver Terrell Sinkfield traveled to the home of the Golden Gophers to join in on theirs.

I think it is pretty safe to say that he opened a few eyes in the process. On his first 40-yard dash attempt he was clocked at 4.27 seconds, but it was the second one that would matter most. That's when he ran a 4.19.



Hopefully some better video will surface. Till then this is what we have.

I'm sure that Chris Johnson's Twitter feed is already blowing up and reporters are clamoring for a comment. I can bet that he'll say something like, "Hey, I heard this dude was fast. Good thing for me it wasn't actually at the Combine so my record still stands."

Yeah, but now there will be an asterics next to it since he is no longer the fastest man in town.

It will be interesting to see what happens for Sinkfield next. He was unknown prior to the Pro Day so you better believe that scouts will be doing their homework on him prior to the draft.

I would still be a little surprised if he were to get drafted earlier than the 6th, but I don't think anyone will get more invites into camp as an undrafted free agent then him.



Visit the FansEdge FanStore

No comments:

Post a Comment