Monday, March 4, 2013

Remembering Jimmy V: His 1993 ESPY Speech

I'll admit--before today I was aware of Jimmy Valvano,  who he was, his importance to college basketball, and his foundation that raises money for cancer research, but I really didn't know who he was. That all changed today.

I was at the gym trying to become a not-so-FatManWriting watching ESPN when they played a clip about the upcoming documentary they are to show on him. They mentioned how yesterday was the 20th anniversary of his famous speech at the '93 ESPYs,and then played a clip.




Holy cow! I wanted to turn the volume off on my MP3 player, but I didn't want to miss anything he was saying even though it had me near tears in the middle of the gym.

Someone did ask if I was okay, but then when I pointed at what I was watching they said, "Oh--I thought you were having a Biggest Loser/ fat guy in the gym kind of moment."

Anyway...if you have never watched his speech watch it now. You will be a better person for it. Thanks Jimmy V and God bless.



Visit the FansEdge FanStore

No comments:

Post a Comment