Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Oklahoma HC Bob Stoops Has a Much Better Sugar Bowl Story Than Nick Saban

During the SEC's Media Days Nick Saban talked about how he had trouble getting his guys up for playing in the Sugar Bowl and how they saw it as a consolation game. It seemed kind of ironic since the Sooners pretty much man-handled them, and just a little bit disrespectful too.

You would think Saban would keep that kind of story to himself since it didn't shine a positive light on him and his team.

@YahooDrSaturday
Bob Stoops has his own Sugar Bowl story. Maybe you've heard it. Maybe you haven't. I saw it for the first time when I came across Tulsaworld.com and knew I had to share it. Not only is it funny, but it shows that Stoops has respect for the game and his opponents (pay attention Saban; you could learn something):

After beating Oklahoma State last season he was up late--which is normal for him after a game--but this time he was also wondering about what bowl his team was likely to go to (via Tulsaworld):
“...So I was sitting out there by myself and I see ‘Sugar Bowl’ and ‘Oklahoma’ come across the screen. And here comes ‘Alabama.’ Honestly, my God-given initial thought in my mind and heart was, ‘It’s meant to be. It’s the only one we haven’t won since we’ve been here.’ So I was like, ‘That’s good.’…
“Then I had more time to think about it…
“My wife woke up about seven. I was getting ready to go in the office. She said, ‘What did you find out?’ I said, ‘Well, the good news is we’re going to the Sugar Bowl, it looks like. The bad news is it looks like Alabama.’
“She says, right back, ‘They’re probably saying the same thing. They’ve gotta play Oklahoma....’
Awesome.
 
Well said Coach. Well said indeed.
 


Share on Fancred

No comments:

Post a Comment