Sunday, May 24, 2015

Apparently Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton Wants to Open A Day Care Some Day

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton did what he promised his mom he would do earlier this month--he graduated from Auburn with a degree in sociology. It is not an uncommon practice. Many athletes go back to school during the off-season and eventually finish their degree plans. Whether they ever use it remains to be seen of course, but if they manage their money right during their playing days they will not need to work anyway.

Cam Newton wants to make use of his education, but his choice of post-football careers might surprise you.

@SBNationGIF
He wants to open a day care (so that's what you do with a sociology degree). Why a day care? Who knows, but Cam has stated why he wen back to school and why he wants to use his education.
“I was always asked, ‘Cam, why?’” Newton said. “’Why are you coming back?’ And as I get more educated about sociology, and education as a whole, shame on me if I don’t use my influence in a positive way. Someone may look at my situation and say, ‘He may be financially set, but yet he’s bettering himself.’ Maybe I can encourage somebody else who is in my situation or is down and out [to] always strive for a better you and that’s what this was pretty much all about: making myself better.”
Sounds like pretty respectable logic to me.

[Plainsman]


Share on Fancred

No comments:

Post a Comment