Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Clippers Fan Posts Hilarious "Missed Connection" Ad on Craigslist for Conference Finals

Doc Rivers couldn't believe what he was seeing Sunday. Every Los Angeles Clippers fan in attendance and most NBA fans watching on television couldn't believe what they were seeing either. The Rockets were going to (and did) win Game Seven and move on to play Golden State in the Western Conference Finals.

A week ago everyone thought the Clippers were a shoe-in for the Finals, but it just wasn't meant to be. One fan was despondent enough that he posted a "missed connection" ad on Craigslist in hopes of finding the Conference Finals and connecting.

via Twitter
Sorry buddy. Better luck next year.
Me: The Los Angeles Clippers, a 40 something-year old pro-basketball team.

You: The Conference Finals.

Where: Staples Center, downtown LA.
I saw you there, briefly, from where I was on the court. Golden and wonderful, you smelled like victory and confetti. I was intoxicated with the thought of reaching you. You smiled -- I thought at me -- and it was a smile that went right through my being, that made everything seem perfect, whole and worthwhile. Then, with, like, six minutes left to go in the game, I looked up and you were gone.
If you want to see the original ad follow the link.

[SI, Craigslist]



Share on Fancred

No comments:

Post a Comment