Friday, November 30, 2012

Inspiration Thy Name is Johnny Manziel Part Deux

In case you haven't figured it out yet I am a fan of the Texas A&M Aggies. Nothing against Colin Klein, Manti Te'o or that kid from USC that some think still has an outside shot at the Heisman. It's been forever and a day since the Aggies have had someone like this playing that actually gets results. Being only a freshman it is pretty safe to say that the kid is only going to get better too!

Yeah, so when I do posts about the Heisman it is pretty much my solemn duty as a graduate of the institution and a fan of the team to promote young Johnny Manziel. In all honesty, even if I wasn't a grad I would anyway. The other players are all fine players; Klein has done a great job as has Mant Te'o. However, Klein's flub against Baylor is enough in my mind to knock him out of the running (Johnny Football has had better numbers then him anyway) and Manti Te'o's great season was not as great as Manziel's.

It is tough for a defensive player to really prove his worth as much as a quarterback can so in a way it is a little unfair, but it is what it is. I didn't make it that way! Sorry Manti!

Just like Johnny Manziel has inspired me to show my support through posts like this one, he has inspired others to show theirs in their own special way as well via song. Not too long ago I posted a couple clips from YouTube inspired by Manziel. Since then I have come across a couple more.

I have to give both of these folks a lot of credit. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there like they have. The internet has given us all an open audience to present our talents too, but sadly many people take it as an opportunity to be as negative and cruel as possible. I've been bashed more than I care to admit for writing my opinion (I will find you someday Harvard Boy; you will pay) so I can appreciate the chance that these folks took in making these videos and posting them.

Anyway...so be nice and enjoy! Manziel for Heisman!




No comments:

Post a Comment