Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Alabama "Tea-Bager" Serves as a Lesson For Stupid Drunk Sports Fans Everywhere

Have you ever done anything in the heat of the moment that totally sounded like the coolest, funniest, most awesome thing ever? I know I have and after the fact I had to pay for my act of extreme stupidity because, well--I deserved it for being an idiot.

My friends are likely wondering which time I'm talking about (thanks guys). I'll use one that happened back in my Academy days as my example. The act itself is not important (don't know about statute of limitations), but the point I want to make is all I got as punishment was two weeks of restriction and 26 demerits.

An Alabama fan thought he would do something hilarious to a drunk LSU fan last January around the time the two met for the BCS title game. The "deed" was recorded, the video posted (it went viral), and at that point the 'Bama fan probably thought that was it.

[If you are not aware what the "deed" is it has something to do with the term in quotes in the title; if you don't know what that is google it.]

As luck would have it--bad luck that is--there was much more to come for the 'Bama boy's deed. Criminal charges were filed, the evidence was pretty clear, and now the 'Bama boy is headed to prison for two years to possibly get done to him what he did to the unsuspecting LSU fan.

So what's the point in bringing all this up?

Well, the sentence was handed down today in the case and it could have been a lot worse. He could have been charged with sexual battery, gone to the Big House for up to 10 years, and been labelled a sex offender for the rest of his life--because of stupid prank!

I don't know the particulars of the DA's case, but I imagine the viral video made it a pretty open and shut case for whatever charges the DA had wanted to file. I'm going to guess that the DA realized that the 'Bama boy was just being an idiot college kid and this didn't have to ruin his life.

But he did have to pay for his crime.

So boys and girls when you are thinking (or not thinking) of doing something incredibly stupid-- but way cool and hilarious in the moment (yea right)-- just remember that we do live in a digital age. There will be evidence and you will get caught. Then you too will have to pay for doing something that you would never normally do if you were in your right mind.

Ohh--in case you are thinking it is okay to do it  if you are sure you are not going to get caught just imagine how you would feel if it was being done to you (because if your friends are willing to do it to this guy they will be willing to do it to you too the next time you pass out).

I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment