Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wyoming Football Takes Creativity to a New Level

The Wyoming Cowboys do not get much attention for the product that they put on the field very much--unless it is about a marquee team giving them a spanking. So while it may take a little too long to turn the team into something more noteworthy the school decided it can make its field news.


The 7220 feet signifies the height about sea level of the field which does make the Home of the Cowboys the highest field in NCAA Division I football.

So while that tidbit is cool the rest of this thing is a joke.

I get it. You are trying to create buzz, but much like the fields with different colored turf (yes, I'm talking to you Boise State) this is just plain silly.

The NCAA recently came down with a ruling to clear up some of the extraneous crap on football fields. I imagine that next up will be some restrictions involving end zones as well. Either that or we'll soon have bright yellow end zones at Michigan, orange ones at Oregon State, and a picture of Bevo at Texas.

I'm sure Oregon already has plans in motion for endzones featuring their Duck and ultra-hot cheerleading squad.





Visit the FansEdge FanStore

2 comments:

  1. Cut them some slack Fat Man! I don't think it is that outrageous. I went to football camp there before they had turf and they always had problems with the grass there with the climate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got nothing against turf Snooz. Stuff even made my fat behind feel quick back in the day. Wouldn't do much for me now though; you really could time my 40 with a calendar now.

      I see the mountains as the tip of the iceberg though. Now that one team has end zones like this we will see many more to come that will be tacky to say the least--because everyone will have to outdo the other.

      (Thanks for the comment! How you doing?)

      Delete