Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Fat Five Report: Best Hits from Week One of College Football

It's that time of year again sports fans. Time for the warriors on the football field to make us proud as we watch them do battle with their opponents in their desire to find gridiron glory. In the process things will happen. Guys will make mistakes. Refs will stupid calls. Beer will be consumed (by us; not the players--hopefully).

In the end there will be a winner, but along the way fans will occassionaly be treated to something special--some bone charring, make you go "ooohhhh!!! " beastly hits that you love to watch and are glad you are not on the receiving end of.

Each week I will do my best to watch all the football I can, peruse the websites, and troll all over Twitter to bring you the five best hits of the week--my Fat Five.

I watched the South Carolina/UNC game hoping to see Jadeveon Clowney knock someone's head off. He didn't, but we were treated to the hit you see above.

This here is a quarterback--a quarterback!--knocking someone senseless. Yes, the guy that never gets hit in practice and has more hair care products in his locker than the cheerleaders!


This is the kind of hit that makes me glad that I was never fast enough to even consider playing running back. For once people are talking about Western Kentucky without mentioning their weird mascot!



This is just domination at its best.


And for the hit of the week--drum roll please....

This two for one courtesy of Alabama and Virginia Tech!


Overall I'd have to say that it was a pretty nice start to the college football season. I can't wait to see what happens next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment