Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Fat Five Report: Top Plays From Week One in College Football

College football is here and that means it is time to do some of the things that you love to do more than anything else in the world: spend the day in your pajamas watching football, talk endless amounts of trash to your buddy that went to that 'other' school, and check out highlight clips of the best plays of the weekend.

Yes, it makes me want to cheer as well.

Now when it comes to big plays my take is a little different than ESPN's. While I do appreciate all the monster runs and deep passes that we saw this past weekend, I don't find them as impressive as other plays. They were great plays, but they were often great plays by a team that was much, much better than their opponent.

I dig 'em, but they should be making those kinds of plays against those kinds of opponents. No, in the Fat Five: Top Plays edition I will showcase five plays that showcase incredible finishes, never say die kinds of runs, top notch execution, and sometimes stuff that is just plain cool.

Like this run. Dude looks like he is in a human pinball machine there. 


Or this one by an Ohio player that had the luck/vision to keep his knees off the ground and turn a good play into a great one.


If there was any doubt that Charles Sims deserves to be the starting running back for WVU I think this run helped put the discussion to bed.


Trick plays are always cool, but they usually don't work. I can't remember the last time (if ever) I ever say a fake run as well as this one.


Now I am well aware that North Dakota State is not your typical FCS school and that K-State is not the team it was last year when it won the Big 12, but whenever a lower tiered school can overcome the odds against one of the big dogs it is just awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment