Thursday, February 5, 2015

Russell Wilson Offers to Baby Sit for Richard Sherman

The football season did not end in the way the Seattle Seahawks had hoped, but the off-season kicked off in a pretty spectacular way for defensive back Richard Sherman. He and his lovely girlfriend welcomed their first child, a bouncing baby boy named Rayden, in to the world. As could be expected, the congrat and well wishes poured in over Twitter.

One of his teammates, Russell Wilson, did a little bit more than just congratulate him.

@DangeRussWilson
He offered to baby sit.


It is the kind of thing friends do, offering to baby sit, but it reminded me of the first time my brother asked me if I wanted to change a diaper for one of his kids. He asked if I wanted to be a good uncle and change the diaper on our Dad's leather couch. Yeah, he had a changing pad with him, but those things are never sufficient.

I declined and said I didn't want to take away from his joy of being a Dad and that I would patiently wait for my diaper duty when I had kids of my own. Sure enough, young Gavin proceeded to urinate all over his daddy and the couch.

The moral of the story--be careful what you wish for Russell. Be careful. Good thing Richard makes plenty of money and will likely have a nannie to do the babysitting anyway.

Share on Fancred

No comments:

Post a Comment