Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Louisville Women's Basketball One Ups Kansas State For Best Promotion Ever

I could have sworn that the good folks at Kansas State had come up with the best promotion ever when it gave away free bacon at a recent game. I mean--who could not love free bacon, right? At the time I thought it was the best promotion ever, but than I heard about what Louisville's women's basketball coach is doing--free beer.

Best. Promotion. Ever.

@markvanderhof/Twitter
Jeff Walz has said that he will buy the first 2500 beers for fans that come to the KFC Yum! Center (real name) for Thursday night's game against Ohio:


If I lived close enough I'd be there in a heart beat.

As cool as this is I can't imagine the university or the NCAA being too happy with it. Yes, it will get fans in the stands--although since they are one of the best women's teams in college I doubt they have too much trouble--but it promotes drinking.

Yeah, you can say they do anyway just because they sell beer at games, but selling it and giving it away are two different things.




No comments:

Post a Comment