Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Houston Texans Owner Bob McNair Implies That Andre Johnson Has Lost a Step

Andre Johnson will go down as one of the better wide receivers to ever play the game. So when the news broke that he was going to be leaving the Houston Texans it was not received well. Fans hated to see one of the longest tenured Texans go, but management had told him he was going to play a smaller part in the offense going forward and he didn't like that.

Some fans wondered why that was going to be the case. Okay, so he wasn't the No. 1 anymore, but there isn't anyone else on the roster that is good enough to be the No. 2 option. So why get rid of him?

via Twitter
As it turns out it's because management thinks he has lost a step.

Team owner Bob McNair did not come right out and say as much while talking to reporters during the owner's meeting in Arizona. It was heavily implied though. This is what McNair had to say after being asked if he was suprised to find out Johnson didn't think he would be back with the team after the 2014 season before it started:
"Every athlete I think would like to play forever. They never want to acknowledge that they’ve lost a step or they can’t quite do what they did before. Just look at history. Look at all the players. It just happens time and time again. We don’t like to acknowledge that we’re getting older. None of us do. That’s just human nature, and I don’t think that’s going to change. ... They’re used to being a star and they’d like to continue being a star. I don’t blame 'em, I understand that."
The good thing is that beyond this comment (which Johnson will almost certainly not like) the split was handled pretty amicably by both. So when the time to hang up the cleats does come for Johnson there should be no problem with him going back to Houston to do it.

[ESPN]

Share on Fancred

2 comments:

  1. Your Husband Cheated on you? take revenge on Exspouse spellcasters
    Exlover Spell
    Marriage Spell
    Revenge Spells
    Protection Spells
    email: quickrevengespell@yahoo. com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am CHIZZY PEACE ,I am out here to spreed this good news to the entire world on how I got my ex love back.I was going crazy when my love left me for another girl last month, But when i meet a friend that introduce me to DR ADAGBA the great messenger to the oracle that he serve,I narrated my problem to Dr Adagba about how my ex love left me and also how i needed to get a job in a very big company.He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any side effect.He told me what i need to do,After it was been done,In the next 2 days,My love called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me before now and also in the next one week after my love called me to be pleading for forgiveness,I was called for interview in my desired company were i needed to work as the managing director..I am so happy and overwhelmed that i have to tell this to the entire world to contact DR ADAGBA at the following email address and get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him direct on: adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com. and get your problems solve like me..... ONCE AGAIN HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS: adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete