Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Miles Austin Says Philly Fans Deflated His Dad's Tires During a Game

Wide receiver Miles Austin is going to be playing for his third team in three years this season when he takes the field for the Philadelphia Eagles. He has taken the field in Philadelphia many times before, but as a member of the Dallas Cowboys. This time when he takes the field he is glad that the hostility is not going to be pointed at him this time.

During his Dallas days he became all too familiar with how hostile Eagles fans can be.

via Reddit
“Always in the NFC East you can feel [the hostility], I feel like less with Dallas,” Austin told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show on Tuesday. “I mean there’s a bunch of hostility. Here, would definitely be the most I felt like. I felt personally, just in the air or in my ears.”

During a recent radio appearance he talked about how his Dad was treated at a game in Philadelphia back when he was still playing for the Cowboys:
“There’s experiences my family has had,” Austin said. “My dad had three tires deflated when he came to the Philly game my third year.
“He probably came out with a big Austin jersey and told them, who knows,” Austin said, when asked how the fans identified his father. “The good thing was, the tires weren’t slashed, they were just deflated so it just took air to fill ’em back up. It could’ve been slashed and then he would have had to get new tires, but he just called Triple-A and they filled ’em up later on that night.”
Philly fans are infamous for being brutal. As a member of the home team he will not have to face it anymore, but will instead be able to listen to it and think, "Yeah, I know what that's like."

[CBS]


Share on Fancred

No comments:

Post a Comment