Monday, May 25, 2015

David Letterman Once Killed an Andrew Luck Gag for Peyton Manning [VIDEO]

Peyton Manning was a frequent guest on David Letterman over the years and was on recently when the late night icon hosted his final show. Manning got to be a part of the final Top 10 list. In a post on MMQB Manning talked about the moment where he gained a profound respect for Letterman.

When he killed an Andrew Luck joke back in 2012.



In the post Manning wrote:
"I got word that Dave was trying to reach me, and so I get on the phone with him," Manning said. "He explains that they’re going to have Andrew Luck on the show, and what they want to do is present him with his new Colts jersey, like they’d be the ones telling him he was a Colt."
Letterman, a long time Colts fan, didn't want to run with the joke if it was going to make Manning uncomfortable in any way. Peyton told him he was cool with and to do what was best for the show. Letterman responded by saying it was done; that they were not going to do the joke.
"It wasn't my place to say anything. But the fact that he made that call, I can tell you this: If that were any other show, they sure wouldn't have called to ask what I thought," Manning wrote.
Is it just me or does anyone else not see what the joke is?

[LATimes]



Share on Fancred

No comments:

Post a Comment