Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Likes it Rough

You can always trust the owner of the Dallas Cowboys to treat fans to some real quality sound bites from time to time. I suppose when you are filthy stinking rich and are living the dream of owning America's Team you can say whatever you want. You've sort of earned the right.

But that doesn't mean that we can't laugh at it, and his latest nuggets are gems!

@SWAGGMAG/Twitter
Monday morning the verbose owner gave an interview broadcast on CBS This Morning. In it he was nice enough to provide fans with a few awesome quotes--like this one:

“I think I love the pain,” he said.“Certainly, criticism hurts, but it, boy – fuels your ambition. It makes me think, ‘I wanna show them.’ ”

Jones went on to admit that he listens to a ton of talk radio and hears plenty of people rip him to shreds. In
spite of it all he doesn't just continue to listen--he listens to even more. Why?

“I think I love the pain."

Apparently he loves it literally as much as metaphorically. While getting some blood drawn he told the people not to sweat getting someone that could do the deed quick and easy; that "I need one that needs to try 10 times. I want some pain.’ ”

Ummm...okay. I guess I can see it (the metaphorical). Listening to all the haters can help humble you a bit, but at the same time you can't keep everyone happy. Someone is always going to complain.

So it doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but I am just a blogger that wishes he was filthy stinking rich instead of filthy and stinking.

[H/T to ProFootballZone]



No comments:

Post a Comment